I am officially done with my first trimester - woo hoo. And I attended my first wedding as the "pregnant girl" drinking water with lime and sparking cider instead of champagne. Good times!
I still don't think I am really showing - in the morning, at least. By the end of the day I feel like it looks like I have a soccer ball under my shirt (hence, pic below). My pregnancy confidant, Jenny, shared an interesting tid bit of information with me the other day: "I was told one of the reasons you look more pregnant at the end of the day is that your intestines have less room due to your growing uterus, so by meal three there is less room to hide what you have eaten." So, people, its not my baby showing, its my intestines filled with dinner. GROSS!
I broke down and ordered some Gap maternity jeans last week - I am waiting for UPS to deliver them to see how disgraceful (or amazingly comfortable!) they are. Pictures at a later date will be posted (maybe).
Jenny is taking me to register at Babies R' Us this weekend to hold my hand and explain to me the simple things like: "What do you use swaddle blankets for anyway?" and "Can't I just throw the diapers in the regular trash can?" and "Am I really going to need those nursing pads?" Sorry, GROSS again!
Does anyone have any must-have registry items? I'm stressing about strollers and baby monitors already...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
FYI, my FAVORITE maternity pants were the "Secret Belly Fit" from Motherhood Maternity. They don't look like they would be comfy because they're full panel but I believe they were the best! Wish all pants were made like that, hahaha! xoxo, Chris
ReplyDeleteBaby travel bed! They sleep so much the first few months. It is good to have a safe portable place to let them sleep when you are visiting others. Also look at baby proof materials for your home. They have electrical outlet plate covers that you need to slide or twist the plate over to plug in. Little Louie can already pull the cheep plastic plugs out of the wall we have to put in the plates. You can find them at Lowes.
ReplyDelete-Amanda, Louie and Baby Ortiz