Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Placenta Brain

I created a little bit of drama this weekend. I guess I had to find SOMETHING to do now that I am officially out of the office...

Saturday we had our maternity photos scheduled to be taken, and I decided to put my wedding rings on even though I have been wearing a larger-sized, surrogate ring for the last few months. You probably know where the story goes from here. Needless to say, after attempts with hand ice baths, full-body baths, swimming, Vaseline, dish soap, Windex, dental floss, olive oil, massage oil, lotion, elevation - what am I forgetting? - I still wasn't able to get the rings off. So I broke down and made a trip to Marshall's Jewelers today and they "took care of it." Sad.


Snip Snip

It left a mark

Sunday morning I decided some decaf iced tea sounded nice and refreshing on a hot summer day. So I boiled some water, tied on the tea bags, and poured the hot water into a pitcher. A glass pitcher. Yes, I know, bad call. The pitcher shattered about halfway through the pour, and the water gushed all over my leg. Ouch. Luckily the glass didn't get me, but I will be sporting a nice red shin for the next few days.

Ow

I went to my doctor's appointment today for an ultrasound. Baby Morris weighed in at an estimated 7 lbs, 5 oz at 37 weeks. Plus, she is expected to gain about a half a pound each week.  YIKES, that's a big baby! ANNNNDDD, Dr. H noted that Baby Morris' head is nice and large too. DOUBLE YIKES. Are you thinking what I'm thinking??

Here are some pics - now that she's so big, its hard to see anything recognizable, but its worth a shot:

Her big head!

Heart

Her belly

No comments:

Post a Comment