As you probably noticed, I haven't posted anything for a good 2 months. I think I have a good excuse, though. But don't fret - I still plan to keep my blog up and running but may not be posting as often. I'm sure you all understand!
I wasn't able to get my last belly shot up because Baby Morris - I guess I can officially call her Chloe now - decided to make an early arrival. It worked out great for me though because I was scheduled to be induced Tuesday August 31st but ended up going into labor that Sunday night. So my bags were pretty much packed and we were all ready, but of course I was in denial that it was happening at first (oh, but then I soon realized that these were indeed contractions- owwwwwwwwwwwww!) I must say, I heart anesthesiologists!!!
Chloe was an angel the first few days - sleeping like newborns sleep and only crying when she was hungry. But then her true colors emerged and she got a little fussier. I can't blame her, though, this must be a harsh world to come into at a mere 7 pounds 2 ounces.
We're all getting to know each other now and although it has definitely had it's challenges, I am loving being Chloe's mommy (cheesy, yes I know). Fatherhood comes naturally to Kenny and I think Chloe would rather have her daddy sing to her or change her diaper than me (well, he was in the Boys Chorus, so it makes sense).
I'll try to share some pictures on a regular basis to keep you in the loop. In the meantime, if any of you mommies or daddies out there have any advice for me, PLEASE please share it. In particular, tips for sleeping (yeeeaaahhh, that whole Babywise sleep training idea kinda went out the window as soon as Chloe made her grand entrance. Now it doesn't seem she will nap during the day unless I'm holding her. Uh-oh, that is bad news. So this is what our pediatrician warned us about...). She is also hating her carseat these days which makes leaving the house all that more challenging, but I think I have come to terms with being a bit of a hermit lately!
Oh, and the winner of the due date guessing game was Stephanie. She was just 2 days off. Yay Stephanie! I haven't come up with a prize yet though. Maybe the honor of baby-sitting??
Chloe sends her love to all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment