Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Cats Out of the Bag...

Phew! What a relief to be able to finally share our exciting news! We have been keeping it mum since we found out on Christmas Day, and wow was it tough! Our official due date is September 6, 2010 - Labor Day (literally!).

I've been pondering a blog - I wouldn't call myself a blogger, but I thought it'd be a nice way to let people know what's going on inside this belly of mine without sending mass emails and shoving it down every one's throats (I'm not saying mass emails are out of the question, but hey, I'll try). I'll tell you now that I will NOT be posting a blog every day or even multiple times a week - I will get way too stressed and feel neglectful if I skip a day or two. But as soon as something exciting happens - a new sonogram, my belly "pops", we find out we're having a GIRL! (or boy), or even some strange pregnancy symptom, I will try to post ASAP. I hope you enjoy my tales and get a little joy out of our upcoming excitement, trials, and tribulations.

Thus far, I'd say I've been pretty lucky and escaped the demons of morning sickness. At worst, I've been slightly queasy, incredibly hungry, pretty tired, and at times cranky (you can ask Kenny about that last one). I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that now that I'm just about done with my first trimester, I'll start feeling even better!

I don't think I'm really "showing" quite yet, but Kenny may disagree. Although by the end of the day I have had to unbutton my pants a few times. Thank God for long shirts! I will post belly pics as soon as I accumulate one or two more.

I have been lucky enough to have 3 ultrasounds already, all of which show a throbbing heart and a healthy baby so far. I was "doctor shopping" and each OB wanted to do her own ultrasound. Fine with me, just more mementos for my scrap book :) Here they are:

6 Weeks, 3 days
7 weeks, 2 days
9 weeks
Look at that little peanut! Actually, my Aunt Paula and I decided s/he looks like a gummy bear - the right size and all!

Please feel free to post comments, questions about whats going on, or just say hello. We are so happy to share this exciting time with you and am thrilled you are visiting "Prenatal to Cradle" (props to my Mom for helping me come up with a cutesy name, she's always good at that stuff!)

Love to all!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I'm delighted for you and Kenny and the entire world!
    I've subscribed and look forward to following the Bellyblogger.
    What a clever name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So neat! At least the hard parts done (user name and blog name all set!)...now the FUN begins. Can't wait to follow your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Congrats you two! So exciting!! Sending happy WI wishes your way.
    Darbs and Tim

    ReplyDelete