Tuesday, February 23, 2010

It's a Boy?

OK don't get too excited, Kenny. The tech today didn't exactly say that we were having a boy, but she did tell us that if she had to guess, she would say boy. The more I think about it, the more I feel that she was pretty confident that she saw some family jewels but didn't want to give us a definitive answer. There's a good chance that what we saw was just the umbilical cord, but I think our friendly technician Shar was trying to give us a hint...
                                                                                                      12 weeks, 1 day
Other than the little "dot" between the legs (I am so sorry, son, if you are reading this 13 years from now.  I don't really mean "little"), we got to see the baby's brain, his/her nose plate, stomach, hands, and feet, and to hear the heartbeat for the first time! 155 beats per minute!  S/he started moving around once the heartbeat was amplified, kicking his/her feet and shaking side to side. I think we woke him/her up! It was just about the cutest thing I have ever seen!

All the numbers looked good, so we are planning for a healthy, baby boy (or girl).  I am starting to seriously think about nursery colors, and wondering if chocolate brown would work for either sex? What do you think??

3 comments:

  1. Chocolate brown works for either a boy or girl and if that is what you like, go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE chocolate brown!!! And you can incorporate any number of accent colors, from greens to blues (which I still say are great for either boy or girl) to yellows, etc. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sooo happy for the two of you, boy or girl, s/he will be beautiful. I can't wait to watch the progress and result for the next about 7 months> Yeah :)

    Love- Rachel

    ReplyDelete