Monday, June 28, 2010

It's Gettin' Hot in Here

I promised myself (and many others) that I wouldn't be one of those complainy pregnant people. Yes, everyone pointed out that I would spend the entirety of my third trimester in Tucson in the summer, but I was optimistic...I'm not anymore! It is HOT! To make matters worse, our A/C in our bedroom is not working properly, which caused us to sleep downstairs Friday night in the living room where the dogs' crates are.  It didn't work out so well - Mocha and Saki definitely wanted to play with us instead of allowing us to sleep, and by 4 a.m. Mocha's whimpering sent me upstairs (the A/C was working by then, but now its not again....we think its freezing up). We have a repairman coming today (I was too cheap to pay the excessive Saturday "emergency" fee).

108!

OK, my ranting about the heat is over. No more I promise. I think I have made my point.

Friday we got to take a look at Baby Morris again.  At 29 weeks 5 days, she's weighing in at 2 lbs, 14 oz! Dr. H wanted to check to make sure I didn't have placenta previa, which, thankfully, I don't! Everything
is going smoothly! Now if it would just cool off a little - oops, I know, I promised....

The first shot of the little one was of her face (at least according to Dr. H it was). It took me a long time to actually see it, and Kenny never quite did. It reminded me of one of those optical illusion MC Escher-esque drawings: it's a young girl, oh, no, it's an old lady, no, it's a girl...

Note: that's not Baby Morris - its for illustrative purposes only

So here's her face - I tried to annotate the sonogram to help you all see what I sorta saw (the top of her head is at the right of the pic, and her chin is pointed up a little, so she's kinda upside down).

Face (see annotations below)


See it?


Bottom of her foot


We also had our hospital tour. We were the slacker parents who got there late but luckily ran into the herd of pregos and their partners on the way in. St. Joe's Labor & Delivery is super nice so we are excited to deliver there.

Oh, and big news, the work on the nursery is pretty much done (well, with the exception of the new bathroom door, the bathroom mirror, the built-in cabinets, the drapery and valance, and the cherry blossom trees we're going to paint on the wall - UGH, that actually doesn't sound "done" at all).  But its clean and I hung the shower curtain and put in a Kleenex box. Big steps!

PB Kids shower curtain

And now that my photographer is home, I can share the latest belly pic. I am definitely looking super pregnant!



2 comments:

  1. I hate those optical illusions, they're so frustrating! I did see the face, though (so neat!!) Was Baby Morris frowning??? It's too early for that. haha :) Can't wait to see the completed nursery, esp. the cherry blossom trees! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear things are going well with Baby Morris, the new pics are adorable! Can't wait to see the finished nursery, hope it's done soon;-)

    *Chris

    ReplyDelete