Our friends Jenny and Brad welcomed their second daughter into the world this past Wednesday, and I was lucky enough to go see her when she was just 6 hours old (and even hold her)! Ava is perfect, and it was so enlightening to hear all about Jenny's labor. And Jenny looked fab, makeup on, hair done, with so much energy. I can't believe that I will be in Jenny's shoes in just a few months - I can only hope that I am in half as good of shape as Jenny was after she delivered.[Jenny - I hope you don't kill me for posting this!]
Not surprisingly, I'm starting to get a little nervous about the thought of actually having a newborn to take care of. The pregnancy books are on the back burner and out have come all the baby advice books. Thanks to many recommendations from friends, I have quite a stocked library: Secrets of the Baby Whisperer, The Happiest Baby on the Block, On Becoming Babywise, The APA's Caring for Your Baby & Young Child, First Time Mom, and a few others. So far, I am really into On Becoming Babywise. Yes, I know there are different schools of thought when it comes to infant feeding and sleeping, but I really think this PDF thing might work well for us (but of course, I realize Baby Morris may have other plans). I don't want to cause any outcry from any of my mom-friends out there or start any brawls between attachment and PDF moms, but if any of you have any secret tips for me, I'd be happy to listen! I've been spending lots of quality time with the animals this week. We made a road trip up to see Aunt Deepa, Uncle Evan and Mocha's girlfriend, Millie, last weekend (although Millie seems to be favoring Saki lately). The shibas even got to go on a shopping trip to West Elm. I didn't last too long with two dogs pulling me around, but I think they are natural-born shoppers like their mom. They seemed to be interested in everything. Since they are just so cute, I guess I'll throw in a few pics:
Mocha stole Deepa's mini-rug (we have no idea what its supposed to be used for).
Saki likes to watch TV with me.
I will try to get some updated belly shots up soon, but seeing as my photographer will be unavailable until Wednesday night, there might be a delay. Sorry Lois!!


A lot of folks use those mini-rugs as mouse pads. :)
ReplyDelete