Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Grass is Always Greener

I can't seem to decide whether I like it when someone points out that I'm getting a little belly or if I despise it.  Last week, there were a number of days where people said to me "Ooooh, you're starting to show" and I kind of wanted to smack them. Sorry people. But then, other days, the comments would be "Oh my God you can't even tell you're pregnant," and I felt like I was some outsider who wasn't part of the pregnant-lady club.  So, I guess the grass is always greener on the other side, huh?

My response to the "you're barely showing" comments is that you should see me at night after dinner. And it is so true. I really do think my belly doubles in size from morning to night. And then I wake up the next morning, and its just a little bump again. 

To prove it, I thought I'd post some pictures. Photo #1, green shirt, is at about 9 am - after breakfast but still not tooooo much of a bump. Picture #2, blue shirt, is the same day, but at about 10 pm. Can you see the HUGE difference? I can.


Oh, and yes, I am extremely uncomfortable posting photos of my BARE belly on my blog, but I figure I gotta lose some of my modesty for the big event to come, right? And its a double whammy because I realized I forgot to take off my glasses for Photo #2.  Double embarassing. But its all for you guys, so its worth it :)

And just for the fun of it, Baby Morris is the size of a spaghetti squash this week. Yum Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment