The last two days have been spent doing pretty much nothing - reading on the hammock, sleeping in the hammock, lounging in the water, and eating a lot (but its all healthy!).
Trying to get a not-so-unflattering photo in the hammock
My mom helping Kenny and me in the floating Papasan Chairs
This is what Kenny is doing as I type - thats how his porcelain complexion stays so flawless!
My Mom and Michael make some pretty extravagant fruit plates in Hawaii, and I have become slightly infatuated with googling the nutritional value of all the tropical delicacies. I discovered that just 9 little lychee fruit have an entire daily value of Vitamin C. Have you ever had a lychee? They feel like eyeballs on your tongue. A pic of lychee fruit is below - but don't get confused, Baby Morris is NOT the size of a lychee this week. If you must know, she is the length of an ear of corn :)
My hopes of packing more than one bathing suit that actually fit me properly turned out to be wishful thinking. Thus, I am embracing my new black suit. We headed out to the water today, and as I was drying off, I noticed a suspiciously round-bellied woman in a purple sundress. All the evidence available to me at that point indicated that we were indeed prego brethren (sisteren?), so I kept my eye on her and her husband as they strolled down the beach a little ways, laid out their towels and set up camp. Just as I suspected - when she stripped down to her swimsuit, she had a belly a little bigger than mine, AND, was wearing the exact same swimsuit as me! Which can mean only two things - there aren't too many prego swimsuits available out there, or I chose the most popular, flattering suit of them all. I'll go with the latter...
And I don't think I'm going to be able to post anymore blogs without photos of the latest to-die-for cute baby clothes I have added to Baby Morris' growing wardrobe. My Mom picked these up for her at a baby store in Kailua.
My mom took this artistic photo of my belly that I know she's thrilled I'm sharing. I was still in my PJs, FYI. Life in Lanikai is pretty rough :)
We plan to spend the rest of our trip doing the same as we have been doing thus far - nothing. Although on Friday night we are spending the night in Waikiki and heading to Nobu. We're bringing the Ives along with us, so between the prego who can't eat any raw fish, my vegetarian mom who doesn't eat fish period, and my step-dad who I don't think is a gung-ho sushi fan, Kenny will have lots of the good stuff to himself. He said I'm a good sport to be willing to watch him wolf down yellowtail sashimi with jalapeno. I agree.
Aloha!


So jealous. Glad your having some r&r time tho! (Still so jealous)...
ReplyDelete